The BitcoinTaxes Podcast

Is Staking Still Taxed? How Do I Handle My 1099? Answering Crypto Questions

Guest: Matt Metras, EA at MDM Financial Services

The BitcoinTaxes Podcast

Matt Metras, an Enrolled Agent at MDM Financial Services and overall crypto tax expert, joins the show to discuss and demystify the popular question: is crypto staking taxed? Matt outlines the recent Jarrett case that had plenty of crypto enthusiasts asking the question! Plus, Matt answers crypto tax questions from Reddit users: casualty losses, FBAR and FATCA, Roth IRAs, the Economic Substance Doctrine, how to handle 1099s, a potential (but unlikely) De Minimis, wash sales, fair market value versus zero cost basis for airdrops and NFTs, and more!

Host

Salvatore Vescio

Matt Metras

Guest Contact Information

Email: info@bitcointaxes.me

Twitter: @EmDeeEm

Facebook: @BitcoinTaxesMe

Reddit: BitcoinTaxesMe

Website

Listen On

More Information

(01:55): The Jarrett Case’s Effect on Staking Taxes

(07:30): A New De Minimis Bill?

(10:05): The Current Status of Crypto Wash Sales

(14:53): Constructive Receipt – When Do You Own Airdrops?

(22:32): Are NFT Airdrops Reportable Income?

(24:42): Crypto Casualty Losses – Lost, Stolen, Hacked Crypto

(29:24): Dealing With 1099s From Crypto Exchanges

(38:05): FBAR and FATCA – How To Report

If you enjoyed our podcast, be sure to check back frequently for more great discussions about topics in the crypto & blockchain spaces.

0 Comments

Get Alerts – Never Miss An Episode!

Disclaimer

This website is provided for informational purposes only. The website does not constitute financial, tax or legal advice, and is not intended to be used by anyone for the purpose of financial advice, legal advice, tax avoidance, promoting, marketing or recommending to any other party any matter addressed herein. For financial or legal advice please consult your own professional.